Tap to Read ➤

Is Your Knowledge of Greenland Evergreen

How much do you actually know about Greenland. Let's find out...
Priya Johnson Dec 21, 2020
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
0
The country's name 'Greenland' actually means the land of people. The locals are called 'Greenlanders' and their language is called 'Greenlandic'.
Fun Fact
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
0
Greenland actually houses one of the largest ice sheets in the world, after Antarctica. Its icecap is constantly in motion.
Did You Know?
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
0
Sermeq Kujalleq is situated at the base of the Ilulissat Icefjord and is the fastest moving glacier in the Northern Hemisphere.
Did You Know?
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
0
Nuuk happens to record a population of over 18,000 people. A major highlight of the city is the Greenland National museum with its famous mummies.
Cool Fact
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
0
Only 16 towns of Greenland are inhabited by people, all of which are along the coast.
Did You Know?
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
0
A number of inviting hot springs are a common feature in the town of Uunartoq.
Quick Fact
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
0
Greenland's closest European neighbor is Iceland. Even though 80% of Greenland is covered in ice, the remaining 20% ice-free area is as large as Sweden..
Quick Fact
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
0
Greenland tourism offers sailing trips that enable tourists to experience icebergs as close as safely possible.
Quick Fact
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
0
Greenland happens to be the largest non-continental island in the world but is home to only about 56,000 people.
Quick Fact
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
0
The currency of Greenland is called krone and is actually the Danish krone, circulated across the country.
Quick Fact
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
0
On the coat of arms, the blue shield represents the Arctic and Atlantic oceans, while the polar bear represents the fauna of Greenland.
Fun Fact
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
0
Greenland geographically comes under North America, but politically it comes under Europe.
Quick Fact
You've successfully broken the ice! Good job! Now time for the scores...
Well Done!